There is another guaranteed way to discover abundance in time: let go of trying to control what happens.
This is a hard one because our daily lives center around creating order to reach goals and to manage and respond to what is happening with our selves (body, mind, emotions), with each other (same list) and in our environments (natural, social, work, economic.)
Control is a tool that has served us our whole lives:
- Control is how we face the unknown.
- Control gives us a sense of security and assures us that we are in charge of everything that it is possible to be in charge of.
- Control is power to make things happen.
- Control is a way to get people to do what we want.
- Control helps us eliminate undesirable factors and predict and prepare for the future.
- Control enables us to manage what is happening – so that things don’t get out of control.
Control is such a useful behavior, why would we want to let go of it?
Because contrary to our belief – control actually limits our ability to freely live our lives, to creatively respond to what is happening and to relax, to be stress free, to know abundance in time. Read more…